Friday, November 14, 2008

Weekly Menu Form

https://sites.google.com/site/allisonbrittonfiles/Home
Click this link, then click the attachment Blank MealPlan (this is my first time using google sites so please let me know if this doesn't work and I'll figure something else out). It's an excel file, I think I got it from the Microsoft database, I don't really remember.
It's very plain, but I've been using it for ages and it helps me stay organized with my grocery shopping and what I'm gonna make for meals in the coming week. If I know what I'm going to make and have the food at home the chances of me actually making the meals instead of hitting the drive thru are much better. Certainly not 100% or even 90%, because I still have weeks where it seems like I planned it out but end up picking up dinner the whole week, but that's life and I accept it. I usually put two or three desserts on the list, one for Sunday, one for Monday (FHE) and one for another week night.
It's helpful if you glance at your calendar while planning your dinners. For example on a night when there's a lot going on, I'll plan a crockpot dinner. I LOVE my crockpot!!!
You can stop reading at this point...
I'm compulsive and have to push it to the next step so I actually have about 8 of these that are marked "regular" menus and 4 that are marked "food storage" menus. I try to rotate the food storage ones in here and there so I'm rotating those food items out of my pantry/freezer. The idea is to have enough food on hand to make the food storage menus three times which would take care of my three months storage. Sometimes I keep that up and sometimes I don't, I try not to beat myself up when I fall behind...

No comments: