Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Easy As Pie, Cake or Whatever...

I loved Laurie's cake post! I'm hard to please if a dessert does not have chocolate in it and although I love fresh fruit I've never loved fruit dessert, until I found the following recipes. I wanted to add two of my favorites that I use every year around Thanksgiving & Christmas...

This cake is my FAVE simply because it's SOOO simple, and SOOO good...

PUMPKIN DUMP CAKE
1 (29oz.) can EASY pumpkin pie mix
1 box dry white cake mix
3/4 cup butter (melted)

Pour pumpkin pie mix into a greased 9x13 cake pan and sprinkle dry cake mix evenly over top. Then pour melted butter evenly over top. Bake for 1 hour @ 350 degrees. Serve with cool whip or vanilla ice cream. YUM!

This takes a bit more prep, but it's SOOO worth it...

FRESH PEAR CAKE
6 pears ( bosc or bartlett ) peeled and sliced
1 cup of flour
1 cup sugar
2 cups butter (softened) Yes! 2 cups!
1 T baking powder
5 eggs
1 T water
pinch of cinnamon
pinch of salt
powdered sugar for dusting

pre-heat oven to 300 degrees. place sliced pears in a 9x13 baking dish (buttered & floured)
*for 1/2 recipe use pie plate
beat well flour, sugar, baking powdered, eggs, water, cinnamon & salt. beat in butter. pour mixture over pears.
Bake 40mins. until pears are soft & top is golden. Remove & sprinkle with sugar.
We like to eat this with ice cream as well! YUM!

Thanks to Julie for her Apple Crisp recipe! SOOO YUM! It's going to be a new family favorite!
No chocolate to be found! It's a miracle! Maybe I love them because of all the BUTTER!?!

1 comment:

laurie said...

mmmm...did you say butter? they look delicious, i'm going to have to try both!