Thursday, November 13, 2008

Trial Run

I got a crazy idea today to start a blog where you and I could share the little tidbits of information that all of us ladies keep stored in the many corners of our brain.
One of my big flaws is that when an idea randomly pops into my head I can't focus on anything I'm really supposed to be doing. I start brainstorming all the possibilities, get all excited and don't stop until I have something in tangible form. Sometimes this is a good thing and sometimes it gets me into trouble because I don't always think things through. Thank goodness I have a wonderful husband who keeps me grounded and asks all those important questions. Like the day I got the idea to rip out the built in desk in my office so I could rotate it to a different wall. The thought came to me that it would be so nice to face the double doors instead of the window in my office. In theory a great zen idea that I stumbled across but in reality a built in desk isn't a piece of furniture, you can't just move and reattach it without major damage.
So anyways - here goes... I would consider this to be a great project if we all walk away with odds and ends of useful knowledge that help us to increase our enjoyment on this journey we call life. And who knows, maybe we'll develop some great relationships along the way? I would consider it to be a flop that we should just walk away from if it sucks too much precious time out of our already busy lives.

If you'd like to be a contributor (I hope you do) please email me and I'll add your name, I don't want this to be my thing, I want this to be our thing as a collective group. I was sitting here today realizing how much I learn from the ladies that I'm blessed to have in my life. We are all so unique and have so many different talents and qualities to offer. Please don't be shy and think you don't have anything to offer the group because you have plenty to offer and we want to hear all about it!

When posting please use labels according to the categories that have already been used or add new ones as needed. Hopefully this will help us keep things organized so we can find what we're interested in reading about.
As far as topics please share anything you feel would benefit others. Maybe it's an uplifting quote or scripture for the day, or maybe it's something you have that you'd like to donate or something you need that someone else may have lying around their garage? Maybe it's a great recipe that you made for dinner and your family loved? Maybe you've seen great progress with a particular workout or new eating habit? Maybe it's a great tip on budgeting or keeping our heads above water in this crazy economic climate? Maybe it's a great visiting teaching handout or way to organize your food storage? Maybe you have great ideas on cheap date nights or inexpensive family day trips? Maybe you know of a great scripture studying tool or found a cool new website to help put that last minute primary talk together at 10pm on Sunday night? The topics are endless - are you getting the idea here???

I'm hoping to see lots of contributions from all of us here and there. NO pressure to post constantly, just whenever you have a moment to share something that might lighten someones load. I'm counting on ALL of us to share things that we can use to enrich our lives spiritually and temporally :D

P.S. If you're a guy related to one of the ladies on this list and you're reading this feeling a little left out right now, feel free to share your idea. (It better be amazing though! j/k)

2 comments:

Monica said...

What an awesome idea! I love it. I believe there is so much good out there. I often come across something really inspiring or helpful and it is wonderful to have an avenue to share with others. Thanks for making the effort and having the idea. I will just have to figure out how to post.

laurie said...

this is a great idea, thanks for sharing. i'd love to contribute, although right now i have nothing to share...just thank you!