Friday, November 14, 2008

Peanut Butter Chocolate Dipped Bananas


For after school snacks Mon.-Thurs. I only let the kids have "good for you" stuff so Fridays they get a "sweet" treat (usually something with chocolate). I tried something new today, Kierstin and I were in the grocery store last night and saw a package for a chocolate dipped banana that looked yummy. I made them this morning, it took me about 5-10 min. and the kids will be super excited when they get home (plus they'll get some fruit too-so sneaky).
I used the almond bark they have at Wal-Mart, it's like $1 or something? I melted it then added a bunch of peanut butter, stirred that up. Then dipped cut banana pieces on toothpicks in the mixture and put them on wax paper. Just make sure you completely cover the banana so it doesn't turn brown. When I was done dipping bananas I dumped a bunch of walnuts in the bowl, mixed it up and dumped it on the wax paper for me to eat later ;)

1 comment:

julie herrell said...

I will have to try this snack - sounds yummy. Brittany makes it look so good!