Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Primary Tips

Okay, this isn't meant as a stress you out post, just as a tip post. I am the primary secretary in my ward and i have a love/hate relationship with it. I really do love my calling, it keeps me busy and i'd rather be busy then twiddling my fingers. I guess my frustration is the teachers.

Tips:
If you have a calling in primary that requires you teaching your class on sunday, please make sure to do the following so you don't upset your presidency:
*Find a sub for your class if you aren't going to be there!
*If you are teaching with your husband and you aren't going to be there, find a male sub. Church policy is there has to be 2 men or 1 woman.
*Read your handbook/manual and teach from that instead of bringing coloring pages and crayons for the whole lesson.
*When your class is selected sharing time, please make sure to include the kids so they don't just stand up there picking their noses.
*If you are single, don't bring your girlfriend/boyfriend to class.
*if you are frustrated, make sure to express your feelings with the presidency instead of venting to bishopric and then having rumors fly around.
*if you are planning on moving, tell your presidency instead of fleeing and not telling anyone.

as you can see this is not an easy topic for me. it is a challenge for me right now. these tips i just listed are what happens almost every sunday!! it is so frustrating. i never knew how hardwork and busy primary is until i got placed in the presidency. i was telling my husband that i have the pee-on job, but i don't mind it if i don't have to deal with the teachers. i usually get to walk the halls and do my own thing getting primary settled not talking to anyone. so when certain teachers aren't there without a sub i find myself complaining to my poor hubby who has to listen to me every sunday. so please try to remember these tips. :)

1 comment:

Carol F. said...

I have never served in a Primary Presidency, but I do hear that every Primary has these same issues. In my ward they average five missing-in-action teachers each week. What a scramble.