Monday, December 15, 2008

Great Spiritual Thought

Today at my Primary Presidency Meeting, we had a really good Spiritual Thought from the President. I loved it so much I wanted to share. It is worth the read and really think about this to yourselves, your loves ones, your spouse.

Topic: Faith, Hope, Be not afraid.
This came from my Primary President which she heard in Ward Counsel Meeting yesterday morning. She said the our Bishop heard it from our Stake President and he got it from the General Authority that's over our area, which comes straight from the First Presidency. Pretty neat huh?

Let's Begin reading in our Scriptures...
Helaman 7:7-9
"Oh, that I could have had my days in the days when my father Nephi first came out of the land of Jerusalem, that I could have joyed with him in the promised land: then were his people easy to be entreated, firm to keep the commandments of God, and slow to be led to do iniquity and they were quick to hearken unto the words of the Lord-"

D&C 1:17
"Wherefore, I the Lord, knowing the calamity which should come upon the inhabitants of the earth, called upon my servant Joseph Smith, Jun., and spake unto him from heaven, and gave him commandments."

D&C 88:89-91
"For after your testimony cometh the testimony of earthquakes, that shall cause groanings in the midst of her, and men shall fall upon the ground and shall not be able to stand.
And also cometh the testimony of the voice of thunderings, and the voice of lightnings, and the voice of tempests, and the voice of the waves of the sea heaving themselves beyond their bounds.
And all things shall be in commotion; and surely, men's hearts shall fail them; for fear shall come upon all people."

D&C 45:26-27
"And in that day shall be heard of wars and rumors of wars, and the whole earth shall be in commotion, and men's hearts shall fail them, and they shall say that Christ delayeth his coming until the end of the earth.
And the love of men shall wax cold, and iniquity shall abound."

Moroni 7:45
"And charity suffereth long, and is kind, and envieth not, and is not puffed up, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil, and rejoiceth not in iniquity but rejoiceth in the truth, beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things."

*We are now told that we need to have strict obedience when we follow the counsel of our Prophet. We are now told that this is serious, because some members of our faith are choosing which counsel, which calling, and which commandment to obey.* Hello, we don't choose, we do what is asked. I have never seen how much is needed in Primary until I was sustained in my calling in October. I don't think that this is happening in just my area, but of course this is where I see the conflicts happening. My Primary President said that she felt the spirit really strong in Ward Counsel and she (and I)believes firmly that if we strictly obey our Prophet we will be blessed. We were put on this earth during this time for a reason.
Back in D&C 1:17, what does the end say...who is called? That's right Joseph Smith is called from heaven to recieve the commandments. What the last line in the last scripture? Right again, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things.

No comments: