Thursday, December 11, 2008

Julie Herrell's AMAZING Dinner Rolls

I am sharing this recipe on Julie's behalf, it is SO AMAZING!!! I've made my fair share of dinner roll recipes but this one was by far the softest most yummiest :D
I had my sister and her husband over for dinner Tuesday night and made these for the first time. I'd say having them turn out the first time says volumes that plus they were super easy!

Dinner Rolls
2 Tbsp Yeast
3 cups warm water
3/4 cup sugar (I used a little extra)
2 eggs
1 tsp. salt
1 cup mashed potatoes (I used potato pearls, julie told me she uses the dehyrated potatoes also)
1/2 cup butter
9 cups flour (I used about 4 1/2 each of wheat and white)

Mix in your mixer for 8 minutes. Let rest for 15 minutes, then pinch out small dough balls. Let rise in warm oven for another 20 minutes or so. Take out of oven and let oven preheat to 375, then bake for 20 minutes. The recipe says it makes about 60-70 rolls. I only got about 3 dozen so I'm sure I made mine too big.

2 comments:

Amber Webb said...

These were so yummy! I will definetly have to try the recipe out.

Gustafson Family said...

I have been looking for a good roll recipe. I am going to have to try it.. Yummy